Saturday, July 5, 2008

Mac'ing It

I am so excited I don't even know where to begin...Well, today, "IT" arrived. My brand spankin'
new, Shiny Black MacBook!


HELLO WORLD :)

As you all might know I am in the process of pursuing my passion of photography full-time when I arrive back to the States in 2009. I am building up my equipment little by little and also updating my portfolio. I am amateur photographer trying to make a name for myself. I started almost 1 year ago and I had about 15 clients, but most of them were freebies and people I knew because I wanted to gain as much exposure and practice as I could. Well, in the process I moved to Korea. I started to wonder, if this is what I was really supposed to be doing because it has been a slow process and lot of ups and downs, but when I came to Korea all the pieces of the puzzle started to come together. After much prayer and consulting with God. I can now say confidently that I know that this is what God wants for me. I am finding the balance between my full-time job teaching in Korea and building the foundation of my photography business.

My Canon DSLR will be arriving here from America within the next few weeks and in an effort to get familiar with my new camera I started a promotion 1-to help me get familiar with my new camera and 2-to build up my portfolio. I prayed about it and the result was to offer a FREE 45 minute mini-session. My goal was to successfully book 30 clients between July-December. As of today I have booked around 20 clients.

You may be wondering why am I doing all of this for free? In my conversations with God, friends & families I would tell them that I loved photography so much that I would do it for free. So, God challenged me and said, if you love it so much and you will do it for free...prove it to me! I have learned to be obedient to the voice of God and when says to do it I have to do it. Because I know the reward is going to be much more than I could ever imagine. That is one of the reasons I am in Korea now, because he told me to go, but if I didn't I would not be doing the things that I am doing photography wise...like pay for my equipment in cash. It feels so good. I wake up everyday excited about what God is doing and the people I will meet and the new friends I will make and the best part is that this is only the beginning and I know things will get sooo much better. When it is what God wants you to do everything will just fall into place. I already see him putting things in order and lining things up for me to be able to pursue my passion.

A work in progress:

Update paperwork (Contracts, Info Sheets, etc.) - Check

Upgrade Camera (Accessories: New Lens 85mm, 1.8)- Check, Check

Upgrade Laptop - Check

Upgrade Software (Adobe Photoshop CS3, Lightroom) - Check, Check

Work with Graphic Designer to help brand/design logo - In progress

Get Domain Name - In Progress

Get Webhost - In Progress

Work on Website - In Progress (Scheduled to launch in the Winter)

Work on Photography Blog - In Progress (Scheduled to launch in the Summer..in a few weeks :)

Secure new clients/network - Everyday..Always a work in progress

Update Portfolio - Always In progress

This pretty much sums up what I have been up to and what I will be doing for the next 6 months until I come home in January... just getting ready for my increase.

Until Next Time...

Love God, Love Life, & Love Yourself because, if you don't who will?

~N.

4 comments:

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

good for u congrats
just b safe and have fun folk

Bethy said...

That's great!!! I'm so happy for you! Praise God for providing the computer for you!!!

Natarsha said...

Thanks! God is so amazing. He definitely provided for me.

Anonymous said...

You know that I have walked this journey with you from conception of your photograpy passion. I remember when your aunt gave you your first digital camera. It has been on and poppin from there!

It it truly time!!! Not because you said so but because GOD said, IT IS SO! If his hands were not in it and most of all you being faithful, things would not be falling into place like they are.

It is amazing how he took you across the world to truly seek HIM and hear HIM and when you did he poured out a BLESSING! This is only the beginning of what God is getting ready to do in your life my sister...Always put him first.

God Bless
Your Big Sister