Friday, November 30, 2007

Bundang, South Korea Here I Come

30 days from now I would have been in South Korea for 1 whole day (I am scheduled to start work on December 27th I leave the US on December 26th)...30 days ago I would have never thought that I would be on my way half way around the world to Asia; Bundang, South Korea to be exact. This all happened so fast that I still can't believe that I am leaving my friends and family for 1 year. It is an exciting opportunity and at that same time so unreal. Who just picks up and goes to Korea (laugh) if my friends are reading this then they would say I would do something like this (laughing hysterically).

Let's go back 4 weeks ago to when this all happened. I got a call from one of my friend's (who's brother is actually in Korea teaching) saying we should go to Korea and teach (why did he have to call me of all people because I was all for it) and I was like let's do it, but little did I know my friend was blowing smoke. Well, I called another friend and told them about it and it was official me and my friend's were going to Korea. (Fastforward 1 week later) During this time we all were trying to figure out if we were really going or not, but me I was already to go because I am single, no kids, I am not dating, so nothing was holding me back. Thank you God for the vision! Needless, to say I am the only one out of my group of friend's who will be actually going to Korea for 1 year. The joke is my friend's packed me up and shipped me off from the moment it was even a thought. Seriously, I will miss my friends and family. I can't stop crying and I haven't even left yet.

I was having a conversation with another friend and I was just telling them of the opportunity and they said they wanted to do it too, so guess what? I will not be traveling alone, so the joke is on them (BJ & FSB)...I am sooo happy my friend is coming along...and I forgot to mention that another one of our friend's has already been there for 2 months. We are going to have a ball. I can't even express how much fun we are going to have traveling and teaching english in South Korea. But wait, did I tell you that I will be working Monday-Saturday..what the dickens is really going on??

Until next time...

Love God, Yourself, and Life because if you don't who will?

Love ya,

N.

4 comments:

kayellejaye said...

Tash - you are crazy! I'm all excited like I'm going with you.

Neesa said...

thats a cool page. Look forward to reading more ; - )

Maia said...

Awww, Tasha, I am going to miss you...but, girl, we are only a few keystrokes away from each other....I will see you on the 8th...

Linnyette Richardson-Hall said...

Natarsha:
I know that this journey will open new doors and allow you to see new worlds and vistas - enjoy every moment of it!!

Stay safe and know that we'll miss you much!!!!!