Thursday, February 28, 2008

KNIGHTED...

In October 2007, I applied to participate in a workshop that was being given by one of my favorite photographers in Atlanta, Ross Oscar Knight (If I ever get engaged/married this is 1 of 2 photographers that have to have photograph the big day..the other photographer is Michael Clark from Baltimore, MD). When I heard that he was giving only 3 workshops I was hesitant about applying because I knew that everyone would be trying to get into the workshops. I prayed immediately about it and asked God and he had released me to apply to the workshop and showed me which photograph to use to apply. Well, in the mean time the opportunity came up for me to travel overseas for 1 year, so I took the offer and had assumed that they had already made there selections for the workshops and had not thought nothing else about it.

Today, while checking my e-mail I saw this:

Welcome to the April 2008 experience KNIGHT Workshop!

Dear 2008 experience Knight Workshop Applicants,

On behalf of Ross Oscar Knight Photography, we are happy to announce that you have been selected to participate in the April 2008 experience KNIGHT workshop! We received numerous applications and yours epitomized what we hope to accomplish through this workshop – Build Community Thru Photography ™ .


I screamed because I could not believe it. I felt so many emotions, but mainly disbelief because I am in Korea and I had been selected to participate in 1 of 3 workshops that only hold 15 photographers per workshop. I was selected!! Are you serious?? YES!! I am dreading having to write the reply e-mail having to turn the offer down because I am in Korea...Hopefully, he will have the workshops again in 2009. I am so hurt, but God reminded me that Ross sees something in my work and that is the motivation I need to keep doing what I am doing and to keep perfecting my skill. In the meantime, I am going to keep trusting and believing in God and continue to be patient and wait on God's perfect timing.

Just a few days during my prayer time with God he reminded me about his vision for my life:

The vision is for an appointed time. Though is tarry, wait earnestly for it, for it will surely come
(Habakkuk 2:3).

Until next time...

Love God, Love Life, & Love Yourself because, if you don't who will?

~N.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are so much alike...it's almost scary. I love ROK!!! His photography is truly amazing. And like you both I love taking pictures however for me it's more of a personal hobby and not a business...

Can't wait until you tell me about the workshop next year :).

-Adriane

Anonymous said...

Thank you for all of your well wishes! So very kind of you.

I too wish only the best for you now and in the future.

Take care of yourself!

Felicia
www.nearandfar.wordpress.com

KNIGHT said...

Nartasha, sorry to hear that you won't be able to make it. Stay safe and following your vision. Talk to you soon.

- KNIGHT

Natarsha said...

Thanks! Talk to you soon...

Michael Clark said...

Hey lady, Thanks for the shout out. To be 1 of the 2 photographer's that you would use for your day is truly an honor. I miss seeing you at the weddings. Give me a ring when you get in town.

See What Eye See Photography said...

Wow congrats on being selected! I too get inspiration from KNIGHT. I wanted to apply for his workshop this year but couldn't swing it financially. However, I remain hopeful, and who knows, we may be in the same class next year! :)
Blessings,
LD

Natarsha said...

Yes! 6 people commented to my post. That is the most I have ever had comment. I get alot of emails about my blog, but no one ever leaves a comment. I appreciate you all leaving a comment. Hope you will come back and comment in the future.

*me doing a happy dance*

Hey Don, I miss you! I am glad that you are back. I thought that you had forgotten about me and moved on..Now, don't let it happen again!! LOL...Hugs & Many Kisses!

Natarsha said...

Don: What do you mean by hmmm...? Or should I even ask? On, second thought send me your response in an e-mail..I am afraid of what your response might be, but I want to know...lol