Thursday, June 26, 2008

I "Heart" Me...

6 months ago, I did the unthinkable...I gave up my apartment, my job, my car, my life, everything that I was comfortable with and packed up my bags and moved overseas. I was at a turning point in my life and to one it may seem like I was running way from things, but in fact I was starting a new chapter in my life...The chapter where I became liberated and motivated to let go of the past and look towards the future! I can now say that I have traveled to Asia and lived in South Korea for 1 year and pretty soon I will be able to say, I went to Beijing, China and climbed 1 of the 7 world wonders, The Great Wall of China and toured the Forbidden City...How cool is that? And I will have the pictures to prove it! So, no I don't look at it as running away, but more like running towards all the things God has promised me, but I was close to because I had let life's distractions get in the way, but now I am back better than ever and focused on what God is getting ready to do in my life.

It is amazing what can happen in 1 year. I never imagined or even thought for that matter that I would be here in South Korea, watching the sunrise over the mountains, and writing this blog post at 5:36am on June 26, 2008. All of that because I was obedient to the voice of God when he told me to let it all go and come here to Korea because he has everything under control. Don't worry about tomorrow for tomorrow worries about itself. God has continued to show me everyday that his word does not lie and he has things in store for me far more than my wildest imagination. He has plans for me to prosper and to be successful in life, love, and in my faith. He says, that he will never leave me nor forsake me and I know this to be true because he has never left me not matter what I have done nor has he forsaken me...and for that I am eternally grateful to God for blessing me with this opportunity to be overseas and share with others his goodness and mercy.

So, I say all of that to say, I "Heart" Me, because I am developing into a strong independent woman who knows who she is in Christ! And I am committed to serving God because I am not worthy of the life that I am being blessed with...To God be the Glory! I "Heart" Me for being fearless, loving, kind, patient, obedient, and faithful in him...I "Heart" Me because I am learning from past and present mistakes and using those mistakes and failures as stepping stones to get to the next phase of my life...I "Heart" Me because I am not afraid anymore of taking chances and making mistakes. I am living, loving, learning, and enjoying life's experiences. I "Heart" Me because I did not let me fear conquer me. Even though I didn't want to leave my family and friends I had to...for me! I had to experience and see what the world was like. I had to stop living for others and start living for myself. I "Heart" Me because now I am living for me!


Until Next Time...(know that I "Heart" You for believing in me and never giving up on me, even when I gave up on myself)

Love God, Love Life, & Love Yourself because, if your don't who will?

~N.

8 comments:

t-HYPE said...

I've been lurking for a while but this post made me want to comment.

This is exactly how I feel about moving to Korea this August. I'm excited to see what God has in store! My 12 months there is primarily a time for writing and reflecting AND doing something I love: teaching.

If you're still around in August, we should hang out! :)

nicolelennox said...

Hi Natarsha - I came across your blog randomly through the KNIGHT blog via a friend and I love reading about your adventures in Korea. Try and soak up every moment because time passes so quickly!

Stay Blessed.
Nicole

Natarsha said...

t-hype: lol...Thank you for leaving a comment! I would love to get together. I will be here until December. Just email, so we can get together. If have any questions about anything before you get here let me know.

n. roberts: Yes, time does go by quickly I can't believe that I have been here 6 months already..It is amazing!

I am really glad that you all enjoy my blog. I hope you will continue to visit and leave comments every now and again!

Have a blessed week...

~N.

Anonymous said...

and that is all the reason in the world to heart yourself. i personally don't think i could have ever did exactly what you did, but after seeing and hearing about your plight, there is a chance that NOW i could.

continue to live and love yourself and the life you provide for yourself.

i'm always rooting for you.

Lavlet said...

WOW! It sounds like South Korea has been a great experience for you not only individually but spiritually, that's WONDERFUL =) May God continue to bless you!

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

we should all be so blessed
to see the value
and love in ourselves
have a great weekend sister

Felicity said...

I am very pleased for you, it is so good to be in the stream of God's blessing.

kayellejaye said...

I "heart" you too, sweetums!