Friday, June 13, 2008

Reflection


Living in a foreign country sometimes can be discouraging. You start to think about all the reasons why you are there and what was I really think coming all the way here? You go through this period of self doubt and then you start to wonder what the next move in your life will be because honestly you can not go back to living the life you lived before you came to this far away place. So when I feel like that I just pray and talk to God, because after all he was the one who told me to come here in the first place even though at the time I didn't understand why? During this self reflection God said 2 things to me, (1) Be still and know that I am God (Psalm 46:10) and (2) For the vision is yet for an appointed time...though it tarry, wait for it (Habakkuk 2:3). As bad as I want to some things in my life I have to practice patience and obedience, because I do not want to move ahead of what God has for me, sometimes we let our own selves get in the way and it messes everything up. Here is one of my favorite devotionals from Joel Osteen:

Your Time is Coming

Today's Scripture

“For the vision is yet for an appointed time…though it tarry, wait for it” (Habakkuk 2:3 KJV).

Today's Word from Joel and Victoria

Your time is coming! The dreams and desires, the things you want to accomplish, the situations you want to see changed will happen. Just because it has taken a long time, or because you’ve tried and failed, don’t give up on those dreams. Don’t be complacent about pursuing what God has placed in your heart. I encourage you today — get your fire back! It may be taking a long time, but God is a faithful God. No matter how long it’s been, no matter how impossible it looks, if you’ll stay in faith, your time is coming. Every dream that’s in your heart, every promise that has taken root, God not only put it there, but He has every intention of bringing it to pass. Start declaring today, “My time is coming… God is working behind the scenes on my behalf… I will fulfill my destiny… I will fulfill the plan God has for my life!” As you declare and expect and wait for the appointed time, your faith will grow. Your hope will grow. And you’ll step into the destiny God has in store for you!

Joel and Victoria Osteen
www.joelosteen.com

Until next time...

Love Life, Love God, & Love Yourself because, if you don't who will?

~N.

5 comments:

Lavlet said...

Thanks for posting these words. They have been encouraging to me =)

Blessings,
Lavlet

Natarsha said...

I am glad they were able to be encouraging to you :) Take care.

kayellejaye said...

I get in my own way all.the.time. One day I'll get it together.

Tia's Real Talk said...

You are strong enough to handle whatever comes your way!! If you weren't God would not have allowed such a trial. I know it gets hard but re-read this post..it's the best advice I could give. We do have to encourage ourselves like Donald Lawarence song says..it's on my page if you need to hear it. My spirit isn't troubled about you..and that has happened before. But there is such a calm and peace that I feel for you. God is sooooooo with you..and the great thing is, no matter how far we are, we are never far from HIM!!

God bless you my new sister!!

Natarsha said...

*tear* I love that song. I have it on my iPod.

Thanks for those words of encouragement. Sometimes I have my moments where I feel so alone here because I am so far away, but knowing that God is always with me comforts me gives me peace.

Good bless you as well!
*big hug*