Friday, July 4, 2008

Fan of your Blog! Ask Natarsha pt. 4

7. In line with that question, are delivery rates reasonable for shipments to S. Korea? I have no problem with shopping online if needed.

I can not answer that question because it varies based on the size of the package. It is best to contact the post office for questions related to shipping and pricing. I do not order anything online, so I am not familiar with the delivery rates. I brought majority of my items from home because I did not know what I would and would not find in Korea. I know that it cost my Aunt $75 to ship me a box that contained items that were less than the shipping and I have also had my family send me stuff on base to people I know and it was only $50.

8. Are there any American shows broadcast on television there? If so, are they in English? If not, do they at least have subtitles? 'm trying to determine if I should just pack my DVD collection and bring it with me. While I do love Korean dramas, I'd never make it without subtitles. I love Korean series. I check them out from the library and they are highly addictive! Korea is so beautiful!! I know that I want to visit Jeju Island. That's the spot everyone in the series "Palace/The Princess Hours" always went for vacation and it's gorgeous!

YES! There are English television shows, while most of the programs are Korean programs they do have a few English channels that show good tv shows and movies. They also have a movie theater. I brought a few of my favorite DVD's that I had to have. They also have movie rental places where membership is free and to rent a movie is $1.00 and new movies $2.00 and they have a great selection of DVD's. I was really surprised.

I hope that I was able to answer your questions. I answered them as openly and honestly as possible. Please know these responses are based on my experience. If there is anything else I can do to help please feel free to email me. If you decide to come to Korea please let me know. Lastly, if you are still trying to figure out if you want to come or not ask yourself this, "Why not come Korea?" There is no better time then the present. I would encourage you to go for it! It is a wonderful opportunity and experience, but most importantly pray and ask God, if this is something that he wants you to do.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.
~Mark Twain

0 comments: