Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Fan of your Blog! Ask Natarsha pt. 5

9. Is S. Korea safe enough for me to travel around on my own, i.e. grocery shopping, jogging, walking, riding the train, etc.?

Yes! South Korea is very safe. You can find singles, couples, families, etc. walking around all hours of the day and night.

10. How are your accommodations? (Your building and area looks pretty neat, by the way!) I've watched a few YouTube videos of apartments and a bunch of the bathrooms are just a room with a sink, toilet, and a showerhead coming from the sink! I find that so weird! I'm sure that I could adjust, but... YIKES! I LOVE showers and I don't know what it would be like to have water all over the place! Would it be rude to possibly request an apartment that has a shower with the sliding door as I have seen in some apartments?

People's accommodations vary based on job assignment. The YouTube videos are accurate. The showers run from the sink and it is rare to have a bathtub. You can not request an apartment with a shower door because they really do not use shower doors. That is also rare, so it may be hard to find.

Typical size of a room


Typical bathroom setup


All-in-One (I know of some bathrooms that have a washing machine in them too)


Toilet


There are also no stoves, two burners, a washing machine and no dryers. They usually hang dry there clothes. They also do not have full size refrigerators, it is another one of those things that are rare.

11. Are there little stores where I can buy household goods to make my place feel a little more like home? If I'm going to be living in one room, I might as well make the most of it! LOL!

Yes! There are plenty of stores where you can buy household items, like Home Ever, E-Mart, Lotte Mart, etc.

4 comments:

kayellejaye said...

I feel cold just looking at that shower contraption. What's with all the buttons on the toilet? Please explain!

Don said...

That is an interesting looking bathroom and toilet. I guess if a person can sit on a toilet...they can also touch buttons located on a toilet too. LOL.

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

a computerized toliet dang
where is the remote

Natarsha said...

Well, here is the thing...I still don't know what all of those buttons are for. We don't even use them. There is a flusher on the side or top of the toilet like regular toilets..lol