Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Out and About in Itaewon & Myeongdong

It felt good to have a random day off of work in the middle of the week, so myself and a few of my co-workers got together to go to Itaewon for a little shopping and Myeongdong for a movie and more shopping...

DESTINATION: ITAEWON, A PLACE WHERE ALL THE FOREIGNERS GO, SO IF YOU ARE FEELING A LITTLE HOMESICK AND WANT TO SEE PEOPLE LIKE YOU THEN GO TO ITAEWON. WHETHER BLACK, WHITE, AFRICAN, ASIAN, AUSSIE, CANADIAN, ETC. ALL RACES & CULTURES WELCOMED!

A few of my co-workers

We were starving, so we decided to go to one of the most popular tourist attractions in Itaewon.
Smokey Saloon: The Hamburger Grill: Hamburger Heaven

If you ever visit South Korea you must come to Itaewon to go to the Hamburger Grill...The $8+ burger is sooooo worth it...


Welcome to Hamburger Heaven...


A light fixture that I kept staring at while I was waiting for my burger...


Take a seat and let your eyes and stomach imagine how good the next images taste...


Hamburger Grill has more than burgers...There chicken sandwiches are just as good...

Finger lickin' good...oh wait! That's KFC, but this tender, moist chicken sandwich will have you wanting more...


The Classic Burger...Juicy...


The BBQ Cheeseburger...Mouthwatering...


The Spicy Burger...A little extra sumthin' sumthin'

This is what I ordered...well, actually my co-worker and I had half and half. I gave here half my sandwich for half of the chicken sandwich...The Best of Both World's


I punished my sandwich...Yummy for your Tummy...

What more can I say? It is one of the best burgers I have had in a long time...


While I was basking in Hamburger Heaven I looked at the table next to me and saw these hamburger's that I am putting on my list next time to order...I have already put it in my budget to visit this little burger heaven at least once a month :)

Okay, so after lunch we decided to go do a little shopping.



Dave trying to figure out which shirt he is going to buy...He ended up getting a wonder bread shirt...


Homeless man chillin' eating some Burger King...


I don't know what to say about this...lol


We stopped past this antique shop and saw some interesting things. Jason was facinated by this knife while on the other hand Jacinta was not feeling it...After I showed them this picture they started laughing and we started coming up for various caption that this could stand for...hilarious


While crossing the street I noticed this sign...Soul Train...All I could do was laugh...


Okay, so here is what you should know about South Korea...they have a lot of stores that are hidden on the side streets that have a lot of great stuff. However, you should not go down these streets alone, especially, if you are a tourist, it is wise to go with another person.
Better to be safe than sorry! Be careful...


Another side street with great stuff...I even brought something. I plan on going back to get some souvenirs...

NOW LEAVING ITAEWON



DESTINATION: MYEONGDONG (a cute little shopping district)
In South Korea you can find everything from shoes, clothes, accessories, food, slushies, ice cream, etc. on the street from street vendors...and if you break a heel in the process you can get your shoes fixed while you shop...

Jacinta and I decided to go to the movies and then walk around and see what we could find...



The first thing I saw when I came out of the subway station...SHOES, if you know me I have an obsession with shoes...I love shoes! One day when I get a house I am going to have a room just for shoes...


Oooo, Clothes...


Myeongdong, in the center of it all...After the movies we decided to do a little walking and see what we could find...and marvel in the fact that we are really in Korea...


Accessories...We stopped here and brought some cute little accessories...


Umbrellas...Rainy season is coming up better go get your umbrellas soon...


Street vendors...


More street vendors...


People out and about...


Until Next Time...

Love God, Love Life, & Love Yourself because, if you don't who will?

~N.

2 comments:

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

balling but i can only remember the burger from the post im fantisizing now yum

kayellejaye said...

I bet it's shopping heaven over there. Especially since everything is Made in Korea...or China...or Taiwan.

And that was a whole lotta damn mayonaisse on that sandwich. Just how I like it!