Friday, July 11, 2008

This was a great week! I went into Namdaemun to buy a new lens and some accessories for my camera. It is Hot as Hates here, so I had to go get my hair braided in Itaewon and while I was in Itaewon I ended up going to get a pedicure and eyebrow cleanup. I thought it would be cheaper because I was in Itaewon, but I was wrong I still ended paying $57 and I didn't even get a real pedicure they put water in the bowl put my feet in it, put some stuff on my toes and that was it for $30 and then they charged me $12 for the polish and then $15 for eyebrows...That was the only downside to my week...I can't wait to get home to get a real pedi & mani for half the price at Super Nail or Kim's on H St. You would think that because I am in Korea that it would be easy to find a nail salon, not true...the ones you do find are sooooooooo expensive and it is not even close to what they do in America...I don't get it...I digress...Woosah.....Anyhow, back to my great week..okay, so after all of that I found out that my camera from the States is in route and I should be receiving it in a few weeks. Which is great news because I have a few sessions booked at the end of the month....and then I received an email of my finalized business cards...Woohoo!


The streets of Namdaemun




He was in front of the subway steps singing for money...




Be careful when buying your equipment in Namdaemun there are so many places that try to get over on you, but luckily I know of someone who went there before me and recommended a great store for me to go to....


My bag full of goodies I brought...I told him that I would be back once a month...


The sun, finally made it's appearance when I was in Itaewon...it has been cloudy these days and it felt good to see the sun, but not feel it because it is so dang hot...geez, I can't wait for the Fall....


More of Itaewon...


I had to go get my hair braided...


Bling Bling Nail...


I was so happy to finally find a nail salon...but I was so mad because it was not worth it :( and it was so cute and comfy in the inside...




Until Next Time...

Love God, Love Life, & Love Yourself because, if you don't who will?

~N.

2 comments:

kayellejaye said...

The girl who braided your hair...is she black?

My BFF(who's Chinese) told me most nail techs are actually Vietnamese not Korean. Everybody just thinks they are. Maybe that's why you can't find a shop.

Anonymous said...

I was just about to say that about Vietnamese having all the nail shops. Maybe you could vacation there and get the hookup. lol!