Thursday, September 4, 2008

More of You

by Natarsha N. Wright

1 year ago I had the opportunity to go on a missions trip with my church. It was a life changing experience for me and helped me to put my life into perspective. The Mustard Seed home is a home that houses young children with HIV/AIDS. We later found out that most of the children we visited with and took school supplies to are there waiting to die. They have no outside family and the only visitors they have are missionaries. When we visited with the children they had the presence of God and they showed us adults that life is what you make it. While the children laughed, we cried. They told us that there was no reason to cry because they have accepted God's will for there life.

After that day I had to change my mindset on life and stop complaining about what I didn't have or what I wanted and start being grateful for the things that the Lord has blessed me with and know that God will not put more on us than we can bear. Every time I start to think about complaining about what I have or don't have I think about how grateful I am to have life because it could have easily been me with no clothes, no shoes, or no food to eat. Oh, wait a minute that was me at one point in my life with no clothes, no shoes, or no food to eat, so why is it when I have those things I feel a need to want and ask for more when has already done exceedingly, abundantly, above anything that I can ask for in this life.


"...Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34

POINT TO PONDER: Why is it that we are never grateful for what God has done in our lives or how about what he has not done? What I mean is he may not have done something you wanted because it is not in your best interest. What is good for someone else may not be good for you or better yet what you think is good for you may not be what God think is good for you.

The very thing that you are trying to hold on to or catch is that same thing that God is trying to tell you to let go? Wait on God's timing and everything will fall into place.

Learn how to, LET GO & LET GOD! and seek MORE OF HIM!

1 comments:

nicolelennox said...

Great post! I often struggle with letting go as well. God is working on me right now in regards to patience and it definitely becomes a lot easier when I consider all He has done for me and kept me from!