Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Natarsha's S.K.F.A.Q....Packing Panic

PACKING PANIC...


Hi Anonymous!

Do not panic! Breath. Exhale. Breath. Exhale...lol

1. I have too many clothes! There's not much I can do about that but I can't decide what to take and what to leave. Korea DOES have 4 seasons, right?

Yes! Korea does have 4 seasons...BUT it feels like there is only 2 temperatures...EXTREMELY HOT or EXTREMELY COLD...Spring is only for a few weeks and yellow dust season is usually around this time in April, Summer is HOT as Hates and there is also a rainy season that starts in July through the middle of August. During rainy season it usually rains everyday, sorta like in April in the US. Fall is only for a few weeks. Winter is long and brutally cold.

You can never have too many clothes :) I was struggling with that same issue before I came here. I have a lot of clothes and couldn't decide what too bring and I ended up bringing too many clothes. There was no way that I was only bringing 2 suitcases of clothes. I ended paying an extra $250 to bring an extra suitcase and then the additional fee for over packing...however, you have to keep in mind where are you going to put all of those clothes you are going to bring.

If you must bring all of your clothes I would suggest rolling your clothes in the biggest suitcases you can buy. Don't forget you get to take a carry-on bag! On the other hand, I would not suggest bringing all of your clothes...I would suggest bringing key pieces, a few pair of jeans, dress pants, skirts, etc. and a variety of shirts that you can layer in the winter and un-layer and wear them in the summer. Remember you may be buying some clothes too while you are here and then the next thing you will have to worry about is getting it back home. You can also ship some of your clothes ahead of you, if you know someone who lives on base or already in Korea or you can have someone ship them too you after you get here, so you can see, if you will have the space to store your clothes. I still have not worn all of the clothes I brought because I keep wearing the same thing...so sad :(

2. I love books. Books are heavy. I can't live without a few choice books.

Easy, just bring your few choice books. There are plenty of bookstores here that you can buy books from. You can also order them on-line or you can just ship them ahead of you, so they will be here when you get here or have someone ship them to you after you arrive.

I hope that I was able to answer your questions. I answered them as openly and honestly as possible. Please know these responses are based on my experience. If there is anything else I can do to help please feel free to email me. If you decide to come to Korea please let me know.

Until Next Time...

Love God, Love Life, & Love Yourself because, if you don't who will?

~N.

0 comments: