Tuesday, September 16, 2008

R.I.P. Hair

Today, was a very sad day for me. I have had to wear my hair in braids since I have been here in Korea because back home my BF who is a hair stylist would do my hair for me. Coming here was a challenge because she is the only person I let do my hair. Having braids in my hair for 9 months (I got my hair done once a month) really damaged my hair, so today...I HAD TO GET MY HAIR CUT! If I went home and my BF saw my hair she would not be happy, so I am doing damage control. My hair was long and beautiful, now it is short and cute. And Yes, a Korean (Mi-Mi) did my hair, she a pretty good job too. I had no other choice my hair was thinning out from the braids and I had major breakage. I love my hair and always keep it done, but being in a foreign country it is hard to keep up. Oh, I almost forget to tell you that Mi-Mi also gave me bangs...lol

I am only showing and telling you this so this does not happen to you or someone you know...So, if you are ever in South Korea just go to Itaewon to the Family Hair Shop and ask for Mi-Mi (she is Korean) and she will hook you up. They even do mani's & pedi's.

Before I came to Korea


After having braids for 9 months (I got my hair done every month)


After the cut (*TEAR* *SNIFFLE* *TEAR*)


My new cut w/bangs (me taking a moment to get myself together)


This will take some getting used to, but the good thing is my hair will grow back..YAY!

Until Next Time...

Love God, Love Life, & Love Yourself because, if you don't who will?

~N.

4 comments:

kayellejaye said...

Tash got a makeover! Girl, you know I feel your pain. Why do you think my hair is so short?

Tia's Real Talk said...

Girl you and your hair was beautiful then and is beautiful now. Actually getting it cut and doing damage control might make it just as pretty or prettier.
Trims grow my hair some but when I cut it off it's longer than before!! Your BF will be proud!
I want to see a full frontal shot. It looks very pretty Natarsha.

Natarsha said...

@ Kayellejaye: LOL

@ Tia: Thanks! I will work on taking the full frontal pic...lol

Anonymous said...

Your hair is healthier now and hey it's just hair and it does grow back. I'm back in Seoul getting more photos for my book that will be published very soon! Yay! When I lived here full time, I got my locks blown out every two weeks by a great guy in the Ewha University neighborhood. I don't have a relaxer in my hair and get it blown out straight from time to time, just to change things up. It's very full and curly. He got it almost as straight and full as my phenomenal hairdresser in D.C. All for 40 bucks! I l

Good luck in all of your endeavors!

Felicia
This Time in Seoul