Friday, January 25, 2008

The Season Ends


I am fastly approaching the end of "busy season"..Yippee!! Well, let me tell you what "busy season" is, so you can feel my anxiousness for it to come to an end. The children here are on vacation, however they still have to go to school? huh? Are you serious? Yes..that was my same reaction. This is still a vacation because they are going to school less. They go to school all year round. During busy season we work 11 hours a day (and a few hours on Saturday) not including the time we take to prepare, grade papers, or go buy goodies for our students (they are rewarded for everything, like if they do there homework, say a word right, or compliment the teacher..well they usually do that to get out of doing no homework or get a little "free-time" in class..lol). I see over 125 students a week, and by time I get home I can not sleep because I am either doing homework for Grad School or on IM or both...(Sidebar: I have figured out the source of my insomnia...lol)

We had this vicious virus going around the office and I was next in line. On Monday I went to school taught a few classes and then bamn! it hit me...My students were asking me if I was alright and you know me I have to be strong for the kids..lol I told them that I alright. I started feeling really cold and then I was in the bathroom every 5 minutes as the day progressed it got worse by 4pm that afternoon I had to go home. I got home and got straight in the bed the symptoms where crucial and my fever was steadily climbing...after that I was out like a light. The next morning I was feeling better. Weird, right? But it is over and I am feeling back to my self again. When I got to my classes the next day I didn't realize how much my students missed me because they were asking if I was alright and why did I get sick? As if to say, "don't let it happen again"...or at least that's what I think.

Once the season ends on Tuesday we go back to working from 4p-11p..Yippee!! So even if I stay up until 6am on IM I still can get some sleep and make it to work on time and do home work and work on my website and do some sight seeing and...well you get the point :) I am going to have all of this free time and I don't know what to do with myself. On Sunday, will make 30 days since I have been here and I have been in a whirl wind ever since, in a few days I will be able to take all of this in, as I am typing, I am starting to realize that I AM ACTUALLY IN KOREA AND I AM A TEACHER WHAT IN THE WORLD???? HOLY COW! (by the way who says holy cow?? excuse me just this one time..lol I didn't know what else to say..lol)

Until Next Time...

Love God, Love Life & Love yourself because if you don't who will?

~N.

0 comments: