Thursday, January 17, 2008

Money in the Bank


Today it has become official...I am a legal resident of South Korea, well at least for a year anyway. After receiving my Alien Registration card I headed straight for the bank to open up an account. One of the main reasons I came to South Korea is to save money, so I can get what I want when I want and not have to depend on anyone to get it for me unless they want to (smile). I think I deserve to happy for once in my life and the only way for me to be happy is to make myself happy instead of depending on people to make me happy, if I do that then I will always be let down. I can not believe that I am a citizen of South Korea, never in a million years did I think I would be here of all places. I AM A FINALLY A MILLIONAIRE! YES!

Today, is also my 3 week anniversary. 3 weeks since I have been away from my friends and family. 3 weeks since I have started a new chapter in my life. 3 weeks since I have moved overseas. 3 weeks since I have been submersed in a new culture. 3 weeks until Valentine's day and I do not have a Valentine (tear) (Sidebar: I am a hopeless romatic and one day I hope to meet that special someone) I will be my own Valentine this year. 3 months until my birthday (April 6 and don't you forget it...smile). Well, the list goes on and on, but I must admit it feels like I have been here for a long time. What the world am I going to do?? Furthermore, what in the world was I thinking?? I have been able to meet some new people and hopefully build some lasting friendships.

I am excited about the rest of my journey here...

Sidebar: NOOOOO I am not dating anyone here and you don't have to worry about me hooking up with anyone or having any Korean babies, so please stop saying that...I did not come here for that. What I want is in America, although I don't know who he is yet, I am quite sure there is someone for me back in the States. I am patient, so I am willing to wait...I have nothing but time. So now that we got that squared away..Stop making fun of me and no I am not bringing you back a Korean husband (for the ladies) or Korean wife (for the fellas) that speaks no English so they rub your feet, cook you rice and say, "that's my pleasure" lol...

Until Next Time...

Love God, Love Life, & Love Yourself because if don't who will?

~N.

4 comments:

Don said...

lol @ your sidebar comment

N, you seem to be really enjoying yourself and sticking with your purpose. I like that. That money looks like food stamps or something. lol. They celebrate valentines Day? The same way we do?

Now I want to come!

Natarsha said...

You are a nut! lol Yep, they celebrate Valentine's Day. You should definately come and do some traveling. There is always something to do here.

Don said...

Natarsha, you aint gotta keep showing off all your money. We get the picture.

lol

Anonymous said...

Glad that you're settling in well.
I've been here for eight months and love it. So many doors have opened for me here. Will be in Thailand for a month, for vacation!
After being in the center of Seoul, it's time for me to see some green trees and azure colored water.

Ciao!
Felicia
www.nearandfar.wordpress.com