Tuesday, April 8, 2008

A Day to Remember Pt. 2 My ANGELS...


When I arrived to work I had this package on my desk. Aww...for me you shouldn't have??
My Auntie sent me this package for my Birthday, which included some of my favorite things, like scented candles..Love you Auntie!


Okay, so today was my surprise party in one of the classes I teach, but what I didn't know is to what extent the kids had planned to surprise me. Well, let's just say that I didn't expect what happened. They spoiled me...I love surprises!


This was on the door to my classroom before I entered. When I opened the door it was pitch black and the kids jumped and yelled, SURPRISE! and they all started running up to me hugging me and yelling HAPPY BIRTHDAY and started showering me with gifts and candy and then they pulled out a CAKE and put candles on it and told me to sit down. They turned off the lights, lit the candles on the cake and sang HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME! Why these kids about to make me cry...??? That was the sweetest thing anyone has ever done for me...I love the kids!


They even decorated the class for my surprise party! Those kids...gotta love them!


One of my bday gifts from Joanne. She drew a picture of me, it is too cute! Love it!


A gift from Ye-Ji.


*tears flowing and me blowing my nose* how sweet, Ye-Ji! I love you!


A gift from Jenny.


*still crying* I will always love you, too!


They even got me a cake...ain't that something?? Dang, I love these kids they are too much!


Aww...a chocolate cake with angels on it...little do they know they are my little angels...*tear*


The students turned out the lights and sat me down in a chair, lit the candles on my cake and sang Happy Birthday to me (I even recorded) after I blew out the candles they were okay teacher let's eat! So, I am cutting the cake before they cut me...lol They were anxious to eat that cake...


Dig in!! In Korea every person is for themselves when it comes to cake. They do not use plates, forks, or knives, JUST CHOPSTICKS...


Okay, I had to put down the camera because I had to go get the last piece of that cake...
The cake was so yummy!


Camera shy. Andy, came to me and asked me what I wanted for my birthday, but he said I could not say, I don't care and I don't want anything and he was not leaving until I gave him an answer. I know that's right, Andy! Dang, he is so sweet! By the way he brought me a tea cup...


After some cake Andy took a picture of us. Andy is the only guy in our class. He didn't want to be in the picture. Andy and the ladies are my little angels!


When I came to my desk after my surprise party I saw these flowers on my desk from Brian. I was really surprised because I was not expecting this. No one has ever gotten me flowers before. Who would have thought I had to come all the way to Korea for someone to finally buy me flowers or brought me something and I didn't even have to ask he just did it...That was so sweet!

Until Next Time...

Love God, Love Life, & Love Yourself because, if you don't who will?

~N.

11 comments:

Neesa said...

Natarsha!!!! That is so sweet!! your kids are great, you are so lucky. I was getting misty eyed.

Natarsha said...

It's days like this that let's me know that I am doing something right and that I am impacting them in some kinda of way. I love those kids!

Anonymous said...

I started blogging again because you repremanded for not blogging. lol

Natarsha said...

Hahaha...

Don said...

The flowers from Brian are nice. That was very cool of Brian. And look @ that cake. So sweet.

The entire time I read this post I was thinking to myself about how you are going to miss the love these children are laying on you.

You've never, ever, received flowers?
Wow, Natarsha...

Natarsha said...

That was so nice of him. Yes, I am definitely going to miss the love they are laying on me. Sometimes it makes me reconsider about staying just a little longer, but then that only lasts for a second because I know that at the end of the year my time will be up here and it will be time for me to come home to start a new chapter in my life *smile* which I am really excited about. I am looking forward to coming home.

None, that I can remember besides the ones I buy for myself...Wow, that is pretty pathetic now that I say that out aloud...lol

oh, catherine... said...

Hi! I just came across your blog and really enjoy reading it! I thought that one photo was hilarious - with all the little girls and their cell phones. :)

Natarsha said...

Hi! I am glad that you enjoyed. I hope that you will continue to read my blog. They even had there phones out when they were singing Happy Birthday to me, it was so cute. Have a great day!

kayellejaye said...

Aaaaaw...that was soooo sweet!

I'm mad no one's given you flowers before. If anybody deserves it, you do.

And the chopsticks and the cake is crazy. It looks fun and messy. Love it!

Natarsha said...

I guess I never thought about it or cared too much about someone getting me flowers before, although it is nice. Aaawww...Thanks! When I feel like I deserve them I just buy them for myself. That's what happens when you deal with jerks who don't care about nobody, but themselves..anywho that was my past life. I am moving on to bigger and better things.

It is so much fun eating with chopsticks, eventhough I don't know how to use them correctly...lol

Anonymous said...

Just came across your blog ... I can relate to the flowers ... I buy them for myself too!