Monday, April 28, 2008

I Surrender: The Hwaseong Fortress


On one dreary day in Suwon City, I visited the Hwaseong Fortress. This fortress was built in 1974 by King Jeongjo to honor his father who was forced to commit suicide because he was shut in a rice chest and to protect Suwon.


I climbed the wall to take a closer look...

Fortress Wall

Murder Hole

A closer look through the murder hole. Soldiers used these holes to attack the enemies before they were seen....Imagine that you were a soldier, you see how that person off in the distance is walking not being aware of your presence, well this is how they protected the thwarted attacks against there fortress.

Tall Tower used as protection against the enemies.

Me in the Tower that soldiers many, many years ago used to stand in to defend there town.

Buildings within the Fortress




One thing I admire about the soldiers is that they had endurance. They had so many steps and hideouts, by time you got to the top or found your way out you were exhausted. I was so tired and hungry after climbing the wall. I would have thrown up that white flag and surrendered as soon as I walked up the hill.

Until Next Time....

Love God, Love Life, & Love Yourself because, if you don't who will?

~N.

0 comments: