Monday, April 28, 2008

Sacrificial Offering


As I was walking out of the subway station I saw this man with his head down and I thought he was sleeping, immediately took out all the money I had in my pocket and gave it to him, it was not much, but it was all that I had. He then looked up and said to me, "God Bless You" and I looked back and said, "God bless You, as well".


“A generous man will prosper; he who refreshes others will himself be refreshed”
(Proverbs 11:25).

Sometimes we often pass beggers because we feel like they could get out there and get a job just like we can or they are hustling me for the little money that I do have. YES! We have to use wisdom and discernment when giving our money to people whether it is family members, friends, or people on the street, but when you feel it in your spirit that it is okay, do it without hesitation and complaining because when you bless others you will be blessed.

We never know what a person's circumstances are that bring them to that place of not having enough, and that is not for us to try and figure out, but we have to know that our sacrifices make a difference. If a millionaire asked you for $1 would you give it? If a begger asked you for $1 would you give it? Then, what are you willing to give?...If you walk around with closed hands how can you expect to receive your blessing with opened hands?

Until Next Time...

Love God, Love Life, & Love Yourself because, if you don't who will?

~N.

2 comments:

kayellejaye said...

Preach!

Sometimes I feel bad when I don't give to the homeless. Usually I just don't have the change, but I'm always wondering what they're gonna do with the $$$. I'd hate to get swindled.

Now times are so hard I need to hold on to every dime or I'll be out on the street with them.

Damn recession...

Natarsha said...

I am often guilty of that as well. I have heard of stories of people who would go home to a nice house and a family and here I am struggling to rub two pennies together and you gonna take the little money I do have...But, as I got older I had to change my mind set and start using wisdom and not give to everybody, cause everybody don't need it even though they are out there. I don't feel bad anymore because I can not give.